Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Time for a redo

Let's be honest. Everyone has regrets. When I was a child, I messed up on a lot of things. Wether it came to not making my bed in the morning when my Mom told me, or staying up to late with my sisters, I messed up a lot. One thing that I regret when I was a child was not listening to my Dad when he told me no. I have two sisters, Dena and Maria. Before I moved to Plymouth I lived in Golden Valley. I had a beautiful house that had a swingset my Dad built in the backyard. My sisters and I loved to play games on that  swingset. In the winters we would sled down the slide and make snow angels all over it. In the summer we would play water games on it. We had a lot of fun with that swingset! One day, Dena and I wanted to go out and play on the swingset. It was a hot summer afternoon and we had a dinner we needed to be at later that night. Now that I look back on this I am  not surprised by  my Dad's response. "No". He said. "But whyyyy???????????". Asked Dena and I. "Because we have things going on tonight and I don't want you two dirty. "Fine". Well, of course Dena and I went and played on it! We were in our swimsuits and decided to soak the entire swingset with water. Slowly, the ground turned in to mud and Dena and I played our hearts out in it. After all the excitement, we thought we were sneaky and slipped back into the house. Right in the doorway stood our dad, angry as ever. In a very calm voice he said"leave your swimsuits on and get in your beds. Stay there for an hour. GO." He spanked Dena and I and we ran to our beds as fast as a lightning bolt. We layed  in our beds and rolled around feeling the mud cake onto our skins. From underneath her covers I heard Dena say "Nicki, this was a bad idea." All I could say was "Yes, yes it was." We both came out after an hour and our dad let us shower. He did not say a single word about that instance the entire night. Form this, I regretted not listening to my Dad. I wish I would have. It would have saved me from a dirty bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment